.:A Giant?!:.

>> Friday, February 11, 2011

Litlle {....hardly!} Nix had his two week check up today. First off how unfair is it that I had absolutely NO idea that stupid PKU test meant a heel prick? I took the little man to this appointment all by myself because Nick had work last night. I was so proud of myself! So easy.... Then they go and do that. Stupid PKU. Luckily I seriously have THE best baby in the whole entire world, yes it's true, and he only let out one little sad cry. Then he snuggled right in to me. Poor guy. Anyway. I was blown away when they weighed and measured him. Apparently two midgets {Nick and I} can breed GIANTS! Nick very well may get his wish for this to be a basketball boy rather than a wrestling stud... Boo. In the past week he has gained a whopping whole pound, and since birth he's grown 2 whole inches {yes 2!}.  According to a few differnt websites this means he is in the 75th Percentile for height {I kid you not} and the 30th Percentile for weight. Scrawny little guy. Ha ha. I've advised Nick to not get his hopes up, as i'm sure this is just a fluke to get him all giddy.... That or our child will pass us up by the age 10.... Hmmmm, either way. Here are his stats at the ripe old age of 17 days old {best 17 days of my life so far!}:
  • Weight - 8 lbs 2 oz.
  • Length - 21.5 inches
  • Head Circumference - 36 cm
Here are some pictures of my handsome man from my phone. Usually it's the closest picture taking device when i want to capture his yumminess.... which is usually always!

Nix and Daddy takin' a nap.

Nix today {02.11.11} with his Zebra "woobie" from his Nana Nette. He won't sleep without this or his Giraffe one {as you'll see they're in most of the pictures}. Good thing Nan made two since he has a knack for throwing up on them!
 

Newborn Nix at the hospital sleeping in his favorite position. He's a very STRETCHY boy. Always stretching...

 Sleepy Smiles. Mom LOVES these!

Again with his "woobie" and in his favorite sleeping position.

 For some reason when he sleeps he LOVES his hand ON his face. Sometimes coving it.

 Although from all the other pictures you would think all this kid does is sleep, this is more his usual look... LOVES being wide awake listening to whats going on. Especially right around midnight. For almost two hours. Mom LOVES this.... not.

Lots of Love!
Nick, Al, and Nix


P.S. Shout out to this awesome kid for takin State last night!! 3 times baby! Now on to a fourth....

2 comments:

West Family February 11, 2011 at 8:15 PM  

My little man is so big! And I really have to come kiss his cheeks soon! Love you guys!

Heidi J February 12, 2011 at 2:56 PM  

I love the blankets she made. Good luck getting him to be taller than either of you.

Powered by Blogger.

Ads 468x60px

Featured Posts

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP