♥ UPDATE ♥

>> Friday, April 3, 2009

Things are going great here. We just spent an interesting 2 weeks away from our home. My parents decided to ditch this terrible utah weather and us less fortunate stuck here (lol) and went to hawaii. Nick and i got the "opportunity" (ha ha, and it was definitely a LEARNING opportunity) to watch the kids. I've definitely gained a greater appreciation for my parents after that! I absolutely LOVE my brothers and sister but that was one of the hardest week and a few day of my life. Being a mom is incredibely different then i thought. Especially going straight to teenagers! Ha ha ha. My parents left wednesday a couple weeks ago and were supposed to get back wednesday last week, but didn't make it back until thursday because of flight issues. After the fun, and a tad bit stressful (!), week and horribly cold utah weather we decided to take a quick weekend trip to st. george to hang out with Jamie, Xander, and Cyle (Nicks sister). St. George is oh so wonderful! Going from 30 degree weather to 70 degree was a much needed break. Nick and i have seriously considered moving there in a few years! :D As soon as Nick is done with school he's hoping to get on the fire station down there and i'll finish my degree possibly at Dixie. Right now we are both just working. Nick had to defer a semester because of the wedding and will start back up in the fall doing the fire academy. He's got an awesome job at a place called Telos as a mentor for 13-18 year old boys that have emotional and social issues. He works the graveyard shift sadly, but its not as hard as everyone says it would be. He leaves as i'm falling asleep and gets home before i wake up. And he loves it. I finished my cosmetology apprenticeship at the beginning of March and am getting ready to take my state exams. I got a promotion at work and am working there full time as an auditor. I'm hoping to go back to school in the fall also. I've already finished my associates in general education with some of a business emphasis and i've researched a lot and have decided i'd like to continue and get my bachelors in accounting. Being married has oddly created, or possibly just brought out, a big love of numbers for me. Maybe it's just brought out a monter, lol. Nick may prefer to look at it that way ha ha. Numbers are SO intriguing to me! I love creating a budget for us and figuring out things with numbers. I find it fascinating that if you just have the right equation you can figure anything out, almost to the exact answer. Incredible! We're living in a tiny little apartment, but in the process (hopefully) of buying a duplex with my Dad. We're hoping it'll be a good buseness opportunity for Nick and I and my parents. We'll live in one unit and rent the other out (if you're looking for awesome (te he he) landlords and a place to live starting sometime this summer let me know!!! We'll be looking for renters if all goes well). We've found a few we like and are just hoping all goes well. Wish us luck! Our new addition to our family (puppy!!) has been quite the experience! I absolutely LOVE him, but I did not by any means realize how hard he would be! It's been a great (it's still hard to say that now as he's still not potty trained, STINKER (!!!), yet) learning experience. Maybe he'll prepare me a little more for kids before we start that journey ha ha. Sorry for no pictures! Hopefully i'll get on top of things soon and get them up. I hope everything is going well for you all! We love hearing from you (especially me, alex, i get so bored at work!!!)! LOVE NICK, ALEX, AND ZEUS!

3 comments:

Anonymous April 4, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

Sounds like you had a fun time! I like accounting stuff too! Good luck with school!

M & T Peterson April 5, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

You guys are smart. When Matt and I got married, we were married over Fall Break and went back to school that Monday. WE SLUFFED A LOT!!!!! HEHE! It was hard to be newlyweds and have the stress of school on top of it. Enjoy it!

Daniel and Savannah Jensen April 6, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

Ha ha I laughed when you talked about your puppy! Ours was such a pain to potty train, and she still has accidents! They are cute, but they are a lot of work!

Powered by Blogger.

Ads 468x60px

Featured Posts

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP